We just finished our first meeting and it went really well! We really hit it off with our case worker and scheduled the rest of our appointments for 05/05, 05/09, & 05/30. So it looks like our case will go before the judge sometime in early June. Yeah!
It wasn't as painful as I thought it would be although we did have to answer some very personal questions. She was very impressed that our packet was so thoroughly complete and that we new things most perspective parents don't right off the bat. We do need to finish one thing, but in our fairness the directions weren't very clear!
All in all things are looking great. E (our caseworker) told us that we should start writing our letter to the birth parents now because we will be able to put it into the book before the judge approves us. I'm a little nervous about making sure the right thing gets said and that we make it look good. I know that God is in control so I really shouldn't worry too much, but after everything we've been through knowing the majority of our chances lies in that letter, well, I want it to be perfect.
It looks like we have one advantage already. E told us that firefighter and cops tend to be chosen quickly, so pray that is true! Anything we can do to up our chances is a good thing.
All in all it was a very good meeting and we all clicked right away. Apparently though, according to Russell, I talked too much! I can't imagine me talking too much, can you?
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad everything went so well today! I'm not sure if CFCA gave you guidelines of what to include in your letter, but I found this website http://adoption-beyond.org/profile.html#letter. Hopefully, you will find it helpful. I'm looking forward to following more of your journey.
Lindsey Kendall
Wow! June is so fast! I am really excited for you guys! Looking forward to seeing you next weekend!
Post a Comment